After releasing the second alpha
version four weeks ago, I have continued working hard on the issues
raised by the early adopters, and have integrated a couple of new
features as well.
Here’s what is new this time around
- CDWinder has a complete new column handling for the main
- added loads of new columns (MP3 tags, EXIF, IPTC, …) to the
- redesigned the column selection in our preferences to handle all
these new columns
- the column headers are now adapted to the new design and handling
in Vista and Windows7 (especially regarding the sort direction
- you can now also choose “None” as sort column, dropping all
sorting and reverting to the order of items in the catalog. (via
sort menu option, or by pressing SHIFT when clicking the sorted
- CDWinder can now save partial catalogs when you cancel
- improved the handling of “Save As New SmartFolder”, allowing
correct creation, saving and deletion of smart folders.
- extended CDWinder’s audio capabilities
- corrected metadata reading for several filetypes
- added an Audio Info section to the inspector for all files that
do not have mp3tags.
- added several additional search options to look for audio files’s
bitrate, samplingrate, etc.
- added the ability to search through Lyrics specifically
- added Xpdf support to the Preferences, so you can directly choose
to use it if installed.
- reworked and improved cataloguing and QuickUpdate accuracy and
speed for several media types
- added “force full update” to the catalog settings, allowing you
to ignore QuickUpdate if really need be
- added unit support to our find editor – now you see what unit is
expected when entering criteria, and you can (finally) choose to
enter sizes in MB or GB when searching for them.
- reworked the exports’ output and layout for better export quality
and more data.
- and numerous other little fixes and enhancements.
I have the 6.0 alpha 3 ready for download today, and we continue
alpha testing. If you haven't received your invitation for this
alpha (and later beta) testing yet (but believe you should get
one), please drop me a line here
I now expect CDWinder 6 to surface in September (I know, don’t ask.
But we strive to release still in summer!), and want to have a beta
out til then as well. In the meantime I will keep you posted with
the progress. If you have any thoughts or feedback along the line,
please let me know.