30 August 2011 Placed in: Release
After three alpha versions, this beta
finally contains all the features we want to include in the final
So, what is New in this CDWinder beta ?
- we re-enabled undocking the find window
- as in previous instalments, the find window can now also be
separated from the main window again.
- if needed, that gives additional overview of found item results
and their respective catalogs
- plus, many users may prefer the familiar surroundings they are
used to - now they can have both.
- we redesigned mapInspector functionality, and added new context
- the mapInspector behaves a lot more conservative and correct
- it will no longer change zoom factors on its own, and actually
show if the selected file has no GPS tag at all.
- plus, we added a bunch of commands to its new context menu,
- so you can better control what it does and how it looks,
- like the new "Find All In This Map" for one-click geo-area
- added new SatelliteWindows to view a catalog, catalog folder or
album in an external window side by side to other contents
- added a new Window menu to keep track of all the additional open
- fixed several bugs:
- fixed a crash that would prevent cataloging in very rare
- fixed issues that would prevent sizing the application window in
- fixed 'Find In Selection' to use the new catalog selection
- applied several fixes to the new columns handling and its new
- fixed a problem that would prevent PDFs from being
- fixed geoTagging progress dialog descriptions
- and dealt with even more smaller issues.
I have the 6.0 beta 1 ready for download today, and we continue
testing. If you think you can contribute to testing, please drop me
a line here
I still expect CDWinder 6 to surface in September. In the meantime
I will keep you posted with the progress. If you have any thoughts
or feedback along the line, please let me know.